This month the cold has really started to set in. The British climate means that the tastiest fresh veg you are going to find at this time of year is squash and kale. We’ve been adding warmth to our evenings with vibrant soups packed full of goodness.
What We’ve Been Cooking | Seasonal Soup
We were supposed to work at our Crystal Palace Market stall and had bought lots of kale to make our Kosmic Kale Salad. Unfortunately we were all ill and so had to cancel. This left us with a kale heavy fridge! We decided to make an iron & vitamin A rich soup, to help us with our recovery.
Creamy Kale Soup | Serves 10
What you need:
2 packs kale
1/2 pack watercress
1/2 pack spinach
4 spring onions
dash of rapeseed oil
1/2 pack coriander
2 large white onions
1 block cream of coconut
1 litre boiling water
1 tbsp thyme
1 large clove garlic
salt & pepper to taste
- Roughly chop onions and soften in a large pan with a little oil.
- Add thyme, chopped plantain and garlic; sauté until onions caramelise.
- Add coconut cream block in pieces and stir until it softens.
- Add boiling water and simmer until coconut dissolves.
- Add kale and simmer for 2 minutes
- Add spinach, watercress and coriander. Blend
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, squeeze of lime, spring onion finely sliced and some crusty sourdough bread.